- Hits: 7975
Multimedia production cost examples for services, staff, and talent, based on 2009 online information.
Audio ServicesAudio production services are typically priced on a per-job basis. Length, number of voices required, type of background, program usage, delivery formats and turn-around requirements all play a part in determining the price. For reference, a single, professionally voiced webpage greeting can cost as little as $200 or as much as $500 or more, depending on needs. Radio ads will typically run from $300 to $1000. The larger the project the lower the cost per minute. Studio rental costs range from as little as $30 per hour to $1,000 per hour, or more, for a large facility. Audio specialists can be hired for $20 - $200 per hour, depending on experience.
Actors In Action
- Service fee 0%-20%
- Commission - 10% of the total pay for union job. 20% for non union jobs.
- Example - For a nonunion commercial quoted a talent at $400 a session. a 20% ($80) commission is taken and a service fee of 15% (60$) is taken for a net pay of $320.
- Inclusive- at times a (Cast Director) will quote a price that includes the service fee + The actor pay in one price for a nonunion tab.
- Print Job- one nonunion print ad is around $200 per shoot. Day work is around $850.
- Voice- For off screen Voice is around $400 a session.
- Camera- For a on screen job is around $600 a sesssion.
www.radiovo.com - a site that lists artists and their prices.
- Voiceover Artists & Narrators ($300 - $500 / hour or session - Portland Oregon Market)
- World Voices
- 2D Animator - $44 - $97/hour.
Programs Used: Director, Flash.
- 3D Animator - $44 - $97/hour
Programs Used: Maya, Houdini, Lightwave, 3D Studio Max.
- 1+ year(s) exp. starts at 20K or $10/hour, 3+ years of exp. 40K - 85K, $20 - $50/hour
Programs Used: Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter.
Video / Audio Engineer
- Audio/Video Engineer - 40K - 75K or $20 - $45/hour
Programs Used: Pro Tools, Final Cur Pro, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Avid.
- Icon Illustrator - $40 - $100/hour.
Programs Used: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash.
- 1+ year(s) of exp. 30K or $15/hour to 4+ years exp. 70K - 120K, $45 - $125/hour
Programs Used: Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Fireworks. Potentially 3D software.
- $25 - $120 per hour (depending on experience and market).
- $48,000 - $230,400 annual salary.
- $20 - $80 per hour (depending on experience and market). $60 per hour is common.
- $38,400 - $153,600 annual salary.
From Mark Lewin, a writer living in the UK:
- Most clients prefer to work on a fixed fee basis and to be honest, so do I. Sometimes, especially when a project is open-ended, this is not possible. My day rate is £250. Everything else is priced at around 15p-25p per word depending on length, complexity, amount of research required and so on.
The following statements are from the Film Music Magazine Web Site
- The range of fees for a song in a major motion picture generally falls between zero and $25,000.
- Royalties for the music for a production range between 8% and 13%.
- A music budget range for a major film is typically between $500,000 to $2,000,000.
- Compensation for a composer is determined by the budget of the film and the composer's stature in the industry. Fees range from zero to $750,000.00, depending on the situation. This is merely a creative fee and does not cover the costs of recording, such as studio time, engineers and mixers, rental of recording equipment and recording tape.
- Fees vary greatly depending on many factors, but $60 per hour is the minimum for low budget productions.
- $100 - $300 per hour is more common for average to high production budgets.
Web Design & Development PricingBelow are rates that may help you determine a range or starting point for costs associated with designing and developing a web site.
- $100 - $250+ (Student or Offshore)
- $250 - $1000+ (Professional Designer)
Basic Brochure Website:
- $500 - $1000+ (Student / Offshore)
- $1500 - $5000+ (Professional Designer)
- $1000 - $5,000+ (Outsourced Offshore)
- $2000 - $10,000+ (Experienced Developer)
Custom Database / Interactive Website:
- $1500 - $15,000+ (Offshore)
- $2500 - $25,000+ (Experienced Developer)
Above prices for web design and development are from DesignQuote.net.
Game Developer Magazine 2009 Annual Salary Survey
Salary Survey (3.9 MB PDF File)
- A salary survey of game related jobs such as programmers, graphic artists, sound designers, level designers, writers, and producers.